Thursday, June 6

My Little Friend


This is a photo I took of my sweet little Dylan. It was taken two days after his cancer surgery in January. He has been doing great.  :D

Dachshunds are known to be stubborn and determined. He wasn't about to let a "little" surgery get him down!  He has been right by my side every minute. I can't even take a shower without him in the bathroom with me. He runs around the house, plays with Nugget and Henry Cat.

Of course he cuddles right next to me at night.  I think he likes to feel me breathing right beside him. I know I do...

Last night I discovered that Dylan has developed a small open wound on his chest. I felt something damp under his arm when I picked him up to help him outside.  It is right where his surgery was done months ago.

We're going to the vet this afternoon. Being a nurse, I imagine all sorts of horrible things...  I hope it is a localized infection that can be treated with antibiotics.  I know it is probably something else.

Please pray for us. We knew the time would come eventually. I just hope it's not right now.


12 comments:

Caseymini said...

Kathi, I will be hoping and praying that the wound can be treated and Dylan will be OK!

Fingers and toes crossed for you. Give Dylan a hug for me.

De said...

Praying for you, Kathi. We just lost our dog, Angel. I hope you don't have to go through that and that the wound is just an infection.

Drora's minimundo said...

I too, am keeping my fingers crossed for Dylan.
Hugs, Drora

Kathi said...

Thanks! The wound IS an infection. Doc gave me some Cipro, a strong antibiotic, and told me to apply Neosporin to the wound. He said just to keep an eye on it and bring Dylan back if it gets worse.

Good news! :D

shaairah said...

Good news! I pray for Dylan's speedy recovery!

Latest news and recent projects said...

Very good news indeed! Give Dylan a hug from a dog's lover from Thailand.
Patrick

12Create said...

Being an owner of three wonderful dogs myself I felt a tear come to my eye reading your post, and was so pleased to read your comment further down that it was an infection. Hugs to Dylan. He is so cute.

PILAR6373 said...

Espero que Dylan siga fuerte y pueda superar cualquier adversidad,un beso para él!!!!
Mucho ánimo!!!

Fabiola said...

I hope that Dylan is better soon.
Hugs, Faby

Nancy said...

Ohh What a sweet adorabele Dylan!
I pray with you that the little fellow will become better and play around soon!
Gr. Nancy

Giac said...

Hello Kathi,
You are in my prayers and I hope all will be well.
Big hug,
Giac

Pepper said...

I'm sending you and Dylan lots of good vibes. I hope it is something that Dylan quickly recovers from =0)