Friday, November 16

Maybe?

I thought I would try to make a little glass block window. I'm using some acrylic "blocks" that are meant for scattering on wedding tables or filling vases.


I built a frame the size I wanted out of 1/8 inch wooden trim. I also emailed MicroMark this morning to ask them to add a 1/4 inch grid to the bottom of their gluing jig. That would really help line things up and keep them square!

I wallpapered two walls of the bathroom this morning. I can't do the rest of the room until I decide about this window. Two steps forward. One step back.

Somewhere around here I have some real 1/2 inch glass tiles. If I can find them, I will try those too. Finding things here right now is next to impossible!

Hope you have a nice day!


8 comments:

Uckfield Dollshouse Club said...

I think they are better than the RL ones, it will be a stunning feature!

Ascension said...

Es una buena idea, seguro que consigues que quede perfecta.
besitos ascension

Caseymini said...

Kathi, you shouldn't have a problem if you are fitting things into the corner of your jig. Always start by putting two sides of your project at right angles at one corner and build out from there.

The little gaps at the corner of the jig is meant to hold the "lip" at the adage of a table or countertop. With a little practice you won't need the lines. If you really want them, the solution is simple. Cut a piece of graph paper to fit the bottom of the jig. Cut two sides right on the line and fit it in. Use double faced tape to hold it in place. Good Luck!

A. Wright said...

You can use inexpensive ($6 package) quilters grid plastic to add 1/4 inch lines to your magnetic jig. Take a peek: http://everylittlethingblog.wordpress.com/2012/09/24/miniature-potting-bench/. I have spare sheets and can mail you one if you think you'd like to try it.

Also for the glass squares, Tanya posted about an article in Dollhouse miniatures magazine from June 2004, where they used plastic squares made for candle crafts.

A. Wright said...

*meant to say Tanya on the greenleaf forums*

Mad For Mod said...

This will be cool!

Lavecinita said...

Muy buena idea,me la apunto,gracias,un beso.Rosa.

mcddiss said...

me gustan mucho esos ladrillos de cristal, seguro que la ventana te quedara perfecta

besitos

Mari