Saturday, November 3

$ Shopping $

I found these hand made 2 inch wooden flowers at Save On Crafts. The listing said they can be strung together. I think they might make perfect hanging lamps? 


I'm not sure where I will use this?  I just thought it was beautiful.

 

My orders from Earth and Tree Miniatures, Miniatures.comDBJ Miniatures, and Ebay arrived this week. I bought shutters, a cute wire window box and lots of miniature garden and woodworking tools, etc. etc.
I also found some palm tree wallpaper that I like, but the color is too bright. 


Any ideas on how I can make it fade or lighten it with paint or glaze? I may try putting some out in the sun today to see if that works?

I will be working on my lights this weekend. I hope that all of the emails I received from Shelly at Evans Designs will help me. Thanks again Shelly for all of your great advice!

It's going to get crazy around here! Stay tuned...





10 comments:

Fabiola said...

Congratulations for your many purchases.
Bye Faby

Idskesminis said...

Hi Kathi, Love the flowers and the paper! Isn't (some) shopping fun! Hope you find out how to lighten the paper; ageing isn't difficult, tea and coffee works wonders, but lighter, maybe diluted bleach - never tried it though...

Kathi said...

I taped the paper down on my driveway in the sun. We'll see... :D

Rosamargarita said...

Hola Kathi, muy buenas compras, las flores son perfectas.
Sobre el tapiz compraste el papel o tienes el archivo electrónico?
El archivo se puede manipular para quitarle brillantez.
Intento mandarte un correo.
Un abrazo

Lucille said...

Dear, dear Kathi! I hope you don't get unexpected visitors who will drive on your paper! Good luck with the project! I'm sure everything will work out. Have a nice day playing with your minis!

Begoña said...

qué buenas compras, por lo que veo tienes trabajo para mucho más que un fin de semana,¿qué tal ha quedado el papel al sol?

Kathi said...

Rosa Margarita,
I bought the paper. I will try using the copy I saved on my computer to lighten it.
Thanks for the suggestion. :D

The paper did not fade in the sun. I left it outside in the bright sun for over 4 hours. Nothing. Guess it is very good paper!

maribel said...

Felicidades por las compras, son muy chulas.

Kathi said...

Thank you Rosamarita!!
Rosa sent me an email attachement of my wallpaper that is the PERFECT color! All I did was print it and I'm ready to go! :D

onbeingaminimum said...

Lots of lovely things to play with here! Enjoy....