Tuesday, January 8

Update on Dylan

I took Dylan's sweater off this evening to examine his surgical wound. It looks infected. There is redness, swelling, some drainage and some separation of his sutures. It does not seem to hurt him.

I plan to take him back to Dr. Weber tomorrow.  I still don't know the pathology results. Hopefully, Dr. Weber will have them by tomorrow?

Dylan is still acting like his normal self. He is taking his medicine and eating well. I don't want him to have to endure more surgery. I know this is not good and I am very concerned. Dr. Weber told me that  he was unable to remove Dylan's tumor completely. He also told me that part of it was necrotic = dead tissue.

While I am not surprised by this complication, I was hoping that Dylan would be strong enough to fight this.
I was hoping that his surgery would help. I was hoping he would have more time.

Has anyone heard of Birkdale K9 Critical Care Supplements? Their website promises miracles. To me, that means they must be too good to be true?

I am sad this evening. I am anxious about tomorrow. Tonight I will cuddle my little friend and pray for the wisdom I need right now concerning him.

I will let you know more after we see the doctor. Wish I had better news. Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers, once again. Thank you.




14 comments:

Bárbara Gutiérrez said...

Stay strong, everything will be fine
hugs

Lucille said...

Dear Kathi. You and Dylan will be in my thoughts and prayers. For our dear Lord to give you the wisdom and strength you need. Give Dylan a hug and kiss for me. Take care!

otterine said...

Try not to think too much...just be with your small friend and find comfort in that shared warmth. I'm thinking of you both. Many hugs.

Pepper said...

*Sending you virtual positive thinking and healing vibes*

mcddiss said...

a veces pasa que se complican un poco las cosas, espero que haya buenas noticias con el doctor y Dylan mejore del todo

besitos

Mari

debbie's mini thoughts and creations said...

These web site prey on our feelings, they know we want to do the best for our little friends, you are right if it sounds to good it usually is, I really feel for you and know the suffering you are going throough, but at the end of the day only you can decide the right course to take, have faith and stay positive, sending mini hugs x

Caseymini said...

Kathi, best wishes and prayers for you and Dylan! Please keep us posted.

A. Wright said...

Well if it is infected, you were on top of it and can get in under control early. So, pat yourself on the back for that one. Lots of hugs.

Giac said...

Hello Kathi,
I know this is easier said then done, but try not to drive yourself crazy until you know for sure what is happening. You seem to have a good doctor and I'm sure Dylan will get over the infection, if any. I will be thinking about Dylan today, and looking forward to an update.
Courage! He needs his mommy to be strong,
Big hug,
Giac

Adela said...

Espero que sea una complicación menor que se pueda solucionar con los medicamentos. Habrá que esperar el diagnóstico del veterinario. Le mando todas las energías positivas que puedo. Un beso.

Drora's minimundo said...

I'll keep praying for Dylan. I hope
you'll get good news tomorrow.
Hugs, Drora

Maria Ireland said...

I hope your news tomorrow is good. Sending you all big hugs.
Hugs Maria

Idske said...

Dear Kathi, Don't get carried away with these unrealistic promises from these websites; Dr Weber seems a wonderful vet and will surely give you the best advice. If Dylan seems himself then at least he isn't suffering! Will be thinking of you both!
hugs, Idske

maribel said...

Espero que Dylan mejore, ya veras que con el tratamiento pronto estará como si no hubiese pasado nada.