Monday, June 22

Construction Zone

I went to Lowe's yesterday to get some paint and flowers. I finally got my mailbox garden planted! It's been SO hot and dry here but I'm hoping the seeds will come up and the flowers will grow! I got some primer for my furniture projects too. I have WAY too many projects! My dollhouse is just one of them!

I wandered around the store for a while looking for dollhouse supplies. Didn't find much but I did find a little saw and dremel kit that I think will be very helpful when I start making furniture.

I'm wondering, how do you work on your pieces? Do you have a special table or workbench? How do you secure the wood when you cut it? I don't want to cut off my fingers!

Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

Check out this workroom! Wouldn't you LOVE to have a space like this!? I know I would!

Courtesy of dollhslvr @ Home and Garden Webshots

I also stopped by Michael's. Oh my! A miniaturist's paradise! I was so disappointed that they didn't have any of those little hutches that everyone is talking about.




Photo courtesy of Doreen's Dollhouse Miniatures

The girl there told me they recently removed their dollhouse section. So sad! If anyone knows where I can get these please let me know!


So I'm wishing and hoping and planning and dreaming! One of these days I'm going to actually do something constructive!

Blessings, Kathi

3 comments:

Debbie said...

Kathi if you pop over to my Tiny Treasures Mini Links Page. I have hundreds of blogs listed on there and hundreds of other links to tutorials, artisans, on line shops etc. Here's he link:-http://tinytreasuresminilinks.blogspot.com/ and your very welcome to visit my other blog Tiny Treasures... Here's the link to that one
http://debbiestinytreasures.blogspot.com/
Hope you find lots of inspiration on all the other wonderful blogs.
Mini Hugs..

Anonymous said...

Hi Kathi. I am sorry but I no longer have a car - it is in the scrap yard - and there are no stores near me. So I would be unable to get any hutches for you. The hutches that I have are ones I collected over a period of time. I would have bought more if I had known that they were going to discontinue them. Most of my wood, I cut with a small hand saw. I use a small vise that I have attached to a cabinet by my desk. Since everything is so small a lot of the items can be cut with an easy cutter or even sissors. An exacto knife is also a good tool for cutting wood as most of the wood is very thin.

Caseymini said...

Kathi, did you look in the regular wood section at Michael's? The last time I looked the hutches were there with unfinished boxes, shelves and other items, not in a dollhouse section. Our Michael's hasn't had a dollhouse section for years.

As for the cutting, I mainly use an exacto knife and a good metal,corkback ruler, a miter box and exacto saw for straight cuts on woodwork and an old pair of scissors for things like shingles.

I like the ideas that you have for the beach cottage.