Monday, July 19

A Real Road Trip

I've been in a mini slump these past few days. My bougainvillea has become rather frustrating. The beach house is a mess. My new dollhouse is sitting here looking at me saying "why haven't you done anything with me" and I don't really feel like doing anything!

So... my daughter and I took a road trip to Little River Canyon on Saturday. Who knew there was a "canyon" in Alabama? Not me!

This is the view from the top.

There were several trails to hike. We really wanted to get down to the river!

At first we found what we thought was a trail but after going a few yards we realized that there was no way we could get down there that way!

Then we found the real trail that was listed on the map as "rugged and steep." We were determined, so off we went!

It was well worth the hike to the bottom! We saw such lovely things along the way. When we reached the river we saw lots of beautiful butterflies playing in the sand. I managed to capture one of them for a photo.

Of course I just had to go wading!

My daughter took this photo of me climbing over some slippery rocks.

Sorry for the blurry photo. I just wanted to prove I was there! LOL

Here is the trail we climbed back to our car. It was only about 3/4 mile but it seemed a lot longer! Thankfully there were three benches along the way where we could stop and rest!

We counted them on the way down so we would know when we were about done!

I had a great time and am just a little bit sore this morning. Guess I need to get out and hike more often!

Hope you have a great day! Get outside and enjoy this wonderful world if you can. I have to go to work. Maybe I'll do some minis later but for now I'm thinking being outside is a lot more fun!

7 comments:

A. Wright said...

It's so worth taking the rough trail sometimes. You get to see so much that and it's usually so untouched. Oh and I feel your pain today too.. Motrin is good LOL

Caseymini said...

Looks like fun, Kathi. Maybe the trip will get your creative juices flowing as nicely as the river where you waded.

Kim said...

what a beautiful place to visit! Taking a hike and enjoying nature is the perfect thing to do when your creativity wants a break- hope your mini dry spell doesn't last long Kathi ♥

beyondbaffled said...

It looks like a beautiful hike. I live in northeast Tennessee and I need to get out and do this more myself.

miniannalee said...

I've been to Little River Canyon... It's been about 10 years but I've been there.
I do remember the hike cuz I thought I was gonna die going back up the trail. But its an awesome place to visit.

Maia's Twinkle Miniatures said...

What a beautiful place Kathi. Going out and enjoying nature is so wonderful and I'm sure you'll feel inspired again soon, nature does that. :)

Maya @ Completely Coastal said...

I love to go on short hikes..., on nice trails! Looks like a neat discovery!!