Monday, April 11

Decisions

In order to get this project back underway, I decided to do a red "tin" roof on the garage. I'm saving the embossed tin idea for my 1/2 scale Fairfield dollhouse that is still in the box. (!)

I used bamboo blind sticks to make the ridges. What you see here is one coat of red paint. I'll add another coat of paint, maybe age it a bit, and then spray it with clear gloss spray.


I did a little work on the dormer too. I added some siding that I'll dry brush with blue like the garage walls.

Now I have to decide what kind of roof to put on the dormer. I have some crushed shells that might work?

I'm happy to have made some progress this weekend. I think I'm almost ready to start on the lights. (She says with great fear and trembling!)

Happy Monday! I can't wait until 5 o'clock so I can get back to work.



5 comments:

Lucille said...

You've had a fruitful weekend, Kathi. Everything is looking good!

De said...

Love the red "tin" roof. That's what I want on my real house. :)

Nicole said...

Everytime I come here it's nice to see you're making constant progress with your garage project, wish I were so patient with following my project... interessting to see how the red roof will develope!

Janice said...

Great attention to detail, this is really paying off as the project comes together.

Lady Jane said...

This roof is going to look so neat. Thanks for the heads up on the roof site it is a wealth of info. Keep up the good work, looking good.