Friday, May 20

Pond Carving

These are the bases for the ponds I am making. I sliced a block of floral foam and then cut circles using one of my serrated kitchen knives. Hey, I don't cook so why not use what I have for mini making? :D


I'm using a paint can opener to carve out the centers. Bit by bit they are starting to look like ponds.




I used the side of a little piece of a Starbuck's stick to make indentions on a sample piece for the stones. I think once they are painted they will look fine?

Hope you have a happy Friday!

UPDATE! I just came home for lunch and I was able to sign in!!! I did notice that my sweet son had been visiting (ala remote log in). He fixed whatever was wrong!!! Thanks Brian!!!!


5 comments:

Plushpussycat said...

Fun! I'm enjoying watching the process. I can't wait to see what happens next! :-)

Ludmila said...

Kathy, I want to see the finished pond. But while I can not imagine what you must get.

Caseymini said...

Kathi, Looking good!!! I can't wait to see them finished!

Katie said...

Kathy! These are really starting to look cool! Can't wait to see how you finish them!

Susi said...

Tengo ganas de verlos terminados, se ven geniales ya¡¡¡
Un beso.
Susi