Thursday, May 19

Ponds In Progress


I decided to try to make miniature ponds to give to my Pay It Forward partners.

I've never used epoxy resin before. I'm finding that is a very SLOW process. Each pour has to dry before the next one can be added.

I found these little Koi fish on Ebay. I think they are so cute. The base will be made of floral foam sealed with Gesso, then painted.

I'm going to try a different technique to make the edges of the pond look like stones.

Hopefully, I will be able to post from home soon. Back to work now. Real work, that is!

Hope you have a nice day!

13 comments:

otterine said...

These look great so far! :]

Unknown said...

Exciting, looking forward to seeing it finished.
Mona

Plushpussycat said...

These ponds look interesting! I can't wait to see how they turn out. The koi are adorable! :-)

Caseymini said...

Oh! Kathi, I think that you have hit upon something great, once again! Love the ponds. Good luck with messages from home...I hope the computer gets well soon.

Unknown said...

The Kois in the ponds are very beautiful. This is a pretty garden scene

Ascension said...

Seguro que te quedaran preciosos.
El estanque lo haras cuando acabes con el proceso del agua no?
Yo siempre he hecho las fuentes y estanques y luego dentro he puesto el agua, es una buena idea la tuya, pero despues que haras....recortaras para meter en el estanque?
besitos ascension

Ludmila said...

Kathy, a wonderful pond. I very much want to see how it will be ready.

Kathi said...

Thanks! I hope they turn out pretty too. :D
Still not blogger at home. I'll try to keep doing quick posts from the office. After hours, of course....

Rosamargarita said...

Oh Kathi esos estanques son preciosos, como todo lo que haces.
Un abrazo

Katie said...

How neat! Can't wait to see them with their stone bases:)

Lucille said...

Kathi, your little house for Flor is adorable!

Lady Jane said...

Interesting. Cant wait to see the finished product...

Rose Fávero e Alessandra Scarpin said...

Seu trabalho é maravilhoso, parabéns.
Rose Fávero
Brasil
www.aventuraeminiatura.blogspot.com