Tuesday, June 21

Sewing Room Furniture

Grandma's sewing table is almost finished. I haven't installed the drawers yet because I'm trying to decide if I want to paint little flowers on the fronts of them?


Now the table is the right height for Grandma and her little chair. I'm still looking for her sewing machine...

I'm also working on my mini sewing cabinet. It is a copy of the real one my Grandfather made. Installing tiny hinges is really difficult! They come with teensy tiny nails but I gave up on those and will glue them in place.






This morning I got distracted (again) and found more inspiration at Jane Coslick Cottages. She showed a cute hat rack yesterday that I just had to try making in miniature. Click here to see.


This is a hat that Kat-the-hat-lady made just for Grandma. I've ordered two more. I just couldn't resist. I love Kat's hats!

Hope you have a beautiful day!




3 comments:

Lady Jane said...

I love this sewing room. I am envious, I want mine to look like this lol... I checked out Kat the hat lady. Great stuff... Thanks for the heads up.

Drora's minimundo said...

Grandma's sewing room is progressing beautifully. I love the hat rack.

Lucille said...

Kathi, your little hat rack is so well made. And, are those dress hooks that you used? What a brilliant idea! Grandma will look beautiful in that hat. Red suits her!