Tuesday, June 14

Lights

I'm working on the lights for the garage again. I purchased the LEDs from Evans Designs. I'll be making all of the fixtures myself.




The outdoor lamps are finished. I'm still trying to figure out how to wire and hang the shop light. I want to thank Brae for her great tips and advice.

Brae is busy with her entry for the Greenleaf Spring Fling. I'm thinking she just might win two years in a row! Thanks Brae for taking the time to help me with my project.

My next step will be measuring and then drilling holes in the walls for the outdoor lamps. Then I can see where the wires will go and how to hide them. Again, Brae has some great ideas for that!


These are some beads and findings I've collected to make a some lights for Grandma's attic. Would it be too strange to have a chandelier in a garage? :D

Grandma will need a sewing lamp too. I'm still thinking about that one. Maybe if I concentrated on ONE thing, I might get ONE thing finished?





4 comments:

Lucille said...

Kathi, regarding your post of yesterday on roses, if you google Cynthia Howe Miniatures, she has a tutorial on painting roses. Go to her tutorial index and its the last one on the list. It's called "Filling a Ladies Vanity". She uses the Chysnbon vanity set. I know I had a lot of fun doing it. It's not as hard as it looks. Good lighting helps.

otterine said...

Aw, you're welcome and thank you! :D I like the idea of a chandelier in the garage...it's something you'd never do in real life so why not have it in mini? Maybe Grandma didn't have anywhere to put it and it was too nice to be stored in a box. Good luck with the lighting!

Caseymini said...

Kathi, believe it or not, I have a friend that DOES have a crystal chandelier in her garage!!! It is a huge garage and they have parties in it. She also has antique wicker furniture in there ane oriental rugs! It is not as far fetched as you think!LOL

Miniaturemaid said...

Hi Kathi your work is gorgeous thanks for signing up for the pay it forward swap on my blog im having problems posting comments and emails cant quite make out why but could you please email me your mailing address and i will mail out your pif package
hugs Rachel xx
miniaturemaid@yahoo.co.uk