Thursday, January 20

Grommet Drapes?

No offense to Aleene, but I found some fabric glue that works better. It's called Liquid Stitch. It is thinner and much easier to work with.



I'm trying to make some grommet drapes for the beach house living room. I glued a small strip of my sofa and chair fabric to one edge of the first panel.

My kids gave me a cool tool set for Christmas that has a tiny eyelet tool. I've never set eyelets this small before so I hope I can do it? They are 1/4 inch wide.


So far, I've managed to break one eyelet and punch a hole in my work table/desk!


If this doesn't work, I may just make rod pocket panels instead?





Hope you have a good day!




3 comments:

Ana said...

Gracias por el tutorial¡¡¡Está muy bien y parece fácil¡¡¡Felicidades

DLSarmywife said...

Kathi, your curtains are looking great! Be sure to pick up a small eyelet setting mat...they look just like the quilters graphed vinyl pad thingies, but are a bit thicker. This will help the eyelets set better and prevent holes in your desk! ;-)
Also don't try to completely flatten the eyelet with the tool. After you get the back to split simply use the hammer to gently tap the back flat.

Kathi said...

Thanks Deborah! I'll try your tips. I really don't want any more holes in my desk! LOL