Wednesday, January 5

This is Harder than I Thought

I am so excited to be back online again! My son sent me a new "baby" notebook computer! I absolutely LOVE it!

We connected it over the phone (!) to my regular keyboard and monitor and now I'm back in business! :D

I haven't made any minis since I returned home from my vacation in Florida. I really don't know why? I guess the lack of a computer had something to do with that?

My next project is an adirondack chair for the beach house. I found a pattern online. It looks really complicated but I'm going to try it anyway.


There are a lot of little pieces to be cut! My Easy Cutter needed a new blade so I took it apart and am trying to get the old blade out and the new one in. The old blade is stuck and I can't pull it out.

I may have to call MicroMark for help or order a new one. Either that, or I'll have to go back to using my bandage scissors again? I really don't want to do that!

I just noticed that since I've been away I have 297 followers!! If I reach 300, I'm going to have a give-a-way! :D

Thanks to everyone who reads and follows my blog! I've been missing you!

5 comments:

Marisa said...

good luck with the chair, it looks like you are off to a good start.

Rosa Forino said...

........|___|...
........|000|...
........|000|... Happy New Year!
........|000|...
........|000|... per un anno magico.
.........\00/....
..........\0/..... con affetto
...........||..... rosa.kreattiva
...........||.....
...........||......
........._||_.... ♥¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´♥♥.¸.•´¸.•*´¨)
che meraviglia!!!

Lucille said...

Welcome back Kathi. Did you know that The Art of Dollhouse Miniatures has a good pattern for a lawn chair! You might want to look it up.

Lucille said...

Kathi, whenever you're in a situation where you need extra wrist strength, wear a pair of rubber gloves. I guarantee that you'll be able to remove your blade easily. Besides providing you with extra strength, the gloves will prevent your hands from slipping. It always works for me. That's how I open all my jars.

Kathi said...

Thanks everyone! I love the Art of Miniatures blog and have used their calculator a lot. I didn't see the mini lawn chair plan. :D It looks much easier that trying to make one myself!! Thanks Lucille!