Thursday, December 8

Dollar Store Doll Dress

I've been having trouble making a dress pattern for Grandma. I tried using the tutorial at About.com miniatures but found it difficult to fit.

Grandma has an unusual torso. So far, the things I've made for her have been too small. This morning I found a chubby little Dollar Store doll in my stash. Her dress is a little bit too big for Grandma.

I used my trusty seam ripper and took the dress apart to make a pattern.

The pattern needs some adjusting but I think it will work? I'm using iron on interfacing. I plan to iron the pattern onto muslin so I can use it over again.

This is all I have time for this morning. I'll try to sew a dress together later and show you if it fits?


Hope you have a beautiful day!

4 comments:

Anna said...

Have fun! I am sure you will make it!

Lucille said...

You're the only person I know who gets up before dawn and does a day's work before going to work. How do you do it? You must have tons of energy, Kathi!

Plushpussycat said...

Yes, tons of energy! :-) If you haven't already, come see your mini prizes on my blog: http://www.plushpussycat.com/2011/12/beautiful-mini-blessings-prizes-plus.html They're so beautiful! :-)

Cote said...

uf que difícil!! Suerte!!