Sunday, December 4

Grandma Needs A Hug

Grandma has been through a lot lately. Now she can hardly breathe with all of this stuff on her face!





No, I didn't make her little reindeer/moose friend. He is a Christmas ornament I found last year. :D

Grandma's wig is not finished but I thought I would show you what I've done so far. I covered the plastic wrap with a piece of ecru muslin and then started gluing on hair with Aleene's fabric glue.

Casey said this synthetic hair would be difficult to work with and it is. It clumps, sticks to everything and doesn't lay flat.

I don't know what to do on the crown of her head? This hair won't fold over to make a part.



Plus, I feel certain that when I try to remove the wig it will fall apart.

I have some pretty silver embroidery floss that I might try next?

I would like Grandma to have a shorter hair cut with curls. I'll keep working at this and let you know what I come up with.


I really need to do some real life projects today. I haven't done any of my Christmas decorating or shopping yet. This house needs to be cleaned and my laundry done too.


Guess I should start making my lists and checking things off.


Hope you have a lovely day!

Give someone near you a hug today whether they need one or not. It will do you both good. :D

4 comments:

Lucille said...

Kathi, you're supposed to glue the hair directly on the head. The doll you see in my photo, her hair was made with embroidery floss. It's easy to work with. Good luck with your Christmas shopping!

Kathi said...

I really can't see your doll Lucille. The photo is too small. From what I CAN see, she is beautiful!
I hope you will start a blog soon and share your miniatures with everyone! :P

Caseymini said...

Kathi, Tell grandma that help is coming. I will send out her hair tomorrow morning. Poor lady. Lucille is right. You will have better results if you glue it to her head. If you are worried about changing it later, don't. If you use white glue the hair will come off later, with a little coaxing. Hang in there Grandma!!!

Amie said...

Poor Grandma, glad Casey is coming to the rescue.