Monday, June 25

DIY Corkboard

This is the little corkboard I have hanging behind my desk.  Way too small and messy!


Using things I already have, I'm going to make a larger display board.


I was happy to see the collage photo frame I never used was exactly the right size for my space. I'm planning to cover the inside of the frame with cork. The roll of cork I have is not quite long enough. Has anyone ever used magnetic paint? Does it work?


This will be a quick (?) little project for after work today.  I will show you how it turns out later.

I want to welcome all of my new followers and thank everyone who has entered my little give-a-way! You have until July 1st to enter.  :D

Hope you have a beautiful day!


1 comment:

Kim said...

Kathi-I did the magnetic paint for a project and it does work- but I painted chalkboard paint over mine and that seemed to make the magnetic paint less strong. Magnets still stuck to it, but I couldn't use any kind of really heavy embellished magnet. I've been enjoying watching your room make-over- you've been making some great storage solutions! Good luck with your new board-maybe you could do half in cork and half in the magnetic paint?