Sunday, June 17

A Place For Everything

I finally finished my wood storage cabinet. The stenciled front panel was an afterthought. I like it.  :D


Now I have a place to store wood, dowels, foam core, cardboard etc. Someday I might add casters to the bottom so I can roll it around?  Right now, it is what it is, where it is, and it's done!



"A place for everything and everything in its place" - Benjamin Franklin

Now I need to go clean up the mess I made building this!  Hope you have a great day!

9 comments:

Lucille said...

Dear Kathi. Whatever mess you did building this wonderful unit was worth it. I am so impressed. It's absolutely fantastic and will save you so much time just looking for pieces. Congratulations on a magnificent job! Have a nice day!

Jennifer said...

I especially like the "big wood" area. I'm in such a mess I started my "Mini Marta's Clean Up" Series again on my blog. Keeps me honest to have to tattle on myself everyday. I think I'll look for a place like yours to put the wood. I have drawers for the trim, but can't see all like yours.

Lucille said...

Kathi, would you mind giving us the dimensions of this fantastic piece? Thanks!

debbie's mini thoughts and creations said...

I want one, this is such a great idea clever you.

Kathi said...

I used a ready made book shelf and flipped it on its side. The dimensions are in an earlier post. I added the frame to the "top" and a support inside the larger side. The stenciled board on the front is a piece of luan plywood cut to fit and painted.

If you build one, I would love to see it!

Teresa said...

OW! Wonderful! I want one!

Sandra from Sydney said...

Kathi, not only is this practical but it is attractive too. Well done - you are inspiring!
Sandie

Sans! said...

I agree with Lucille! Love the stencil job too!

Natalia's Fine Needlework said...

This storage cabinet is a great idea and looks very comfortable and space wise.