Sunday, October 11

Making Progress

I've been working on my fireplace and bookshelves. Here's what things look like so far...


I went to Mary Charles Dollhouse store yesterday and got some little trim and crown molding for the bookshelves. I still need to glue them together, add the shelves and finish painting.

I also need to remove the chair rail that's in the living room. I found out that a hair dryer will soften wood glue so pieces can be taken apart. Maybe it will work for the chair rail?


Hope the sun shines where you are today!
Blessings,
Kathi

2 comments:

kathi said...

UPDATE! The hair dryer worked wonders! In about 1 minute the chair rail was off! All in one piece too so I can use it somewhere else!
It also helped me remove the little bits of carpet that were along the baseboard! Yippee!

DLSarmywife said...

I love your built-ins...they are coming along nicelt...I can't recall...did you build the fireplace? I am wanting to make some for some gift bag vignettes I am doing, but can't find an y tutorials for making fireplaces. *sigh*