Tuesday, November 9

Ornament Exchange

Sherry at Blessings From Our Nest received my Christmas ornament yesterday so now I can show you what I made for her. :D


Sherry and I were partners for Marsha's Ornament Exchange.
Please visit Marsha's blog on December 1st. There will be a virtual Christmas tree showing all of the ornaments made for the exchange!

Marsha’s Musing & Sassy Mini Dolls


The idea for this ornament is not original. I found a photo of an angel ornament online and thought I would try to make one myself.


I really enjoyed making my little doll and trying to figure out how to get her inside this glass ornament!




I made the doll with a wooden bead head and body made out of stiffened cord. Her hair is embroidery floss, her dress is wired ribbon and parts of a silk flower. I made the halo with tiny seed beads and wire. The poinsettia she is holding was made with painted masking tape and is in a silver bead "vase."


Henrietta at Petalbelles is the person who made my inspiration ornament. I emailed Henrietta and asked her permission to share my ornament and her Etsy shop with you. She graciously agreed and was happy that her work inspired me. You must go visit her shop and see all of the beautiful angels and fairies Henrietta has made!

Thank you so much Henrietta for your inspiration! Your little dolls are amazing! I had so much fun making one for Sherry.

Thanks to Marsha too, for hosting this swap. I can't wait to see what everyone else has made!


8 comments:

Debbie said...

Kathi, I am sure that Sherry, is going to Love her ornament. Nikki has put her Ornament up on her blog as well..xxx

Kim Gillian said...

Kathi you did a great job on making your angel, very pretty. I Love Her!!
-Kim :)

Lucille said...

Kathi, your little ornament is just adorable!

Unknown said...

¡Muy navideña! Me encanta esta bola de a´rbol con tu muñequita.
Besos Clara

Maia's Twinkle Miniatures said...

It's a beautiful little ornament!

Carey said...

Hi Kathi,

Your angel ornament is so lovely. I love the idea of the masking tape poinsetta and how you made the dress. Just beautiful!
Hugs,
Carey

Catlyn Berry (Cizz) said...

Hi Kathi,

I just saw Sherry's post on the ornament you made for her, it is so beautiful! You're very talented!

Blessings'
Catlyn

Debbie said...

I'm really enjoying looking at all the peoples blogs, that were involved in the exchange and seeing what Ornaments they sent and received.