Thursday, November 18

A Stitch and Time

I've been working on the little rug for Minnie's living room. I really can't see what I'm doing. It takes me about one minute to do each stitch!


I know it's not perfect, but I don't think my mistakes will be seen when it's inside my little house. I'm planning to just fill in the center with white and then I'll be done. I figure that will take me another day or two! LOL

I'm not sure how to finish it off around the edges? The rug is 1/2 inch square. Got any ideas?

Hope you have a lovely day!


5 comments:

Caseymini said...

Kathi, about the only sane way to finish something that small is the way that I finish my rugs. Go here for a tutorial. http://caseymini.blogspot.com/2010/08/vacation-time-for-walterand-thank-you.html This entry must have been meant for you...Your name is in the title.LOL

Kim said...

Kathi- when I stitch I wear those eyeglasses you can get at the drugstore- I don't know if that would help any or not. I cannot believe how adorable this is!! You are turning into the queen of tiny! I use Casey's method of finishing rugs and it works so great- thanks again Casey :) Can't wait to see this in your tiny little house- have a wonderful day!

Lucille said...

I would never attempt something this small without one of those special lamps. Take care of your eyes, Cathy. You don't want to get floaters. Sorry! It's the mother in me coming out.

Bella Sinclair said...

Half. Inch. Square!

Good grief! I definitely need something bigger to sweep all my dirt under. :) Wow, I am in absolute awe. And your half circle table! It's practically microscopic! Whoa!

Tootie said...

Wow, I don't know how you do it. I have a hard time seeing things on a larger scale than that! Good luck with your task. :) It won't be long and you'll be relaxing at the beach, for a wonderful holiday.