Sunday, November 21

Tiny to Small

I'm TRYING to make a Christmas cactus in 1:12 scale. I figured it wasn't fair to send Ascension a kit for making one of these without making one myself. :D

I'm finding it hard to switch from teeny tiny to small! Here's what I've done so far.


I'm following Leslie's tutorial for the most part.
I made my flowers with individual petals instead of the fringed paper that Leslie uses. I tried that, but couldn't get the fringe to look right.

So now, I'm waiting for the glue to dry. Then I'll try to cut the leaves. Hopefully, it will look something like a Christmas cactus when I'm finished?

Then there is the matter of the house on my dining room table. Good thing we're have Thanksgiving dinner at my daughter's house!



I really can't wait to get started here. The plans are on paper. But that's all I've done.

Before I get distracted again, I'm going to start cleaning my REAL house. Nothing like knowing that family will be visiting soon to get me motivated. LOL

Hope you have a beautiful day!


4 comments:

Caseymini said...

Kathi, I know how you feel....April's inlaws are invading at Christmas. I MUST get the workroom so that people can at least walk into it....Notice that I didn't say that they would have to find their way out...LOL

Kim Gillian said...

Kathi, your cactus is looking good...my dollhouse is setting in the middle of my table too...but I will be having Thanking at my house...time to clean up.
-Kim :)

Pan said...

The cactus' look good, it will be nice to see how they turn out. :-)

Lucille said...

I'm looking forward to seeing the end product of your Christmas cactus. Leslie has wonderful tutorials! I'm also looking forward to seeing how you will regale us with all the wonderful things you will do with your house.