Monday, March 14

Cutting Holes

I've started hacking away at the garage to make the window openings. MDF is really hard to cut! I used my jig saw but had trouble doing the corners. The dormer does fit and with some interior trim I think it will look okay?

The first window looks alright. The second one is a real mess. That's all I could do with my jig saw and hand saw.

I need to go get a diamond cutting wheel for my dremel to finish this. Karin Corbin used one in her tutorial for cutting window openings. She makes this look easy, but it's NOT!

I guess priming everything will be the next step? I'm also looking for some wallpaper for the attic. I want to finish the interior walls before I do the outside.

I may try to make concrete block walls for inside of the garage? I sprayed some cardstock with textured paint but it's not the right color. Once I get that figured out, I'll cut the blocks and start gluing them on like tiles.

Photo found on Flicker


I love daylight savings time. More light in the evenings for minis!


2 comments:

Ana said...

Oh¡¡¡un trabajo perfecto¡¡¡es muy real.Felicidades

jose said...

perfecto me encanta visitar tu blogs porque es fantastico los trabajos que haces