Tuesday, October 12

New Roof and Trim Ideas

I ripped the roof off the house this morning so I could put the new one on. There was some bloodshed but nothing serious. This house just didn't want to give up!

Home Depot cut a piece of lauan plywood for me for the new roof. I also had them cut a small piece of 3/4" plywood to raise the conservatory a bit. Then I found some clear plexiglass that I'll use for another part of the roof.

I also got some stain and paint sample cards. This weekend I will give the house some love and sand/prime it. Then maybe I'll be able to decide what color it will be?



I'm still trying to figure out what to do with the windows. I'd like them to match the conservatory. Before I go cutting more holes in the house I need to decide how large to make them and how to add some trim. Right now they are one inch taller than the ones in the conservatory.

This is all I had time for right now. Things usually have to get worse before they get better!

I need to go buy some bandaids too! Can you believe a nurse couldn't find ONE bandaid in her house this morning?!

Hope you have a good day!

6 comments:

Marisa said...

I love it, I can't wait to see the colors you pick out for it. it looks a little like my house while we were renovating it. *sigh* those were good times (not really, it was a nightmare)

Hugs
Marisa :)

Caseymini said...

Kathi, next time I send you a package, I will be sure to enclude a couple of Bandaids!LOL Hopefully, they won't be needed!I love the new roofline and the conservatory on top.

Katie said...

You are so brave to rip it apart! Secretly I'm hoping you still paint it pink:)

Had to giggle about the bandaids... Shame on you!! lol

Midlife Roadtripper said...

I've often thought I'd like to create doll houses. I have a few pieces of furniture on shelved. I love the possibilities.

Ascension said...

Antes de gozar hay que sufrir!!!
Seguro que la casita te da las gracias por todas las maravillas que le vas a hacer.
Espero que la tirita no sea para nada grave.
Suele suceder que "en casa del herrero cuchara de palo" jejeje
besitos ascension

Unknown said...

Espero que ya tengas bien la herida. Muchos progresos veo en la casa. El observatorio queda genial.
Besos Clara