Thursday, August 19

Idea In Progress

I spent some time this morning designing my new sofa. I'm using the basics of Mary's tutorial and just changing it up a bit.


I used a corrugated cardboard box to make the frame. The base is three layers of cardboard and the back and arms are two layers.

The hardest part was determining the size of the pieces. The base is 5" x 2 1/4". The back is 5" x 2 1/4". The arms are 2 1/2" x 2" tall. It's nice to have a little helper as you go along. :D


I plan to cover the frame with my linen cross stitch fabric. I don't have very much of that so I'll have to be careful! For now, I just folded my paisley fabric over three layers of mattress padding for the cushion. I'll add wooden beads for the feet.

I think the arms are a little bit too rounded so I'll probably change them? If you check out my previous post you'll see the look I am going for. I'll be making a chair too if this idea works?

Hope you have a happy day!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

¡Que efectiva! Dices voy a hacer esto y esto está saliendo. Es verdad que los laterales en el original son más rectos, cómo si se pudiera apoyar una revista o una bandejita con una taza.
Cuida la tela si tienes tan poca.
Besos Clara.

Kim said...

It's looking good so far Kathi- I love the cushion fabric ♥

Heather said...

looking great. maybe a little less round on the arms. I love that tutorial!

Susan@minicrochetmad said...

This is looking great! Love the fabrics you chose, can't wait to see it finished.

Love that wee helper too.
I think I need a new helper, my 'wee helpers' tend to shed fur on everything.