Sunday, March 13

Garage Plans in Progress

Here is the garage with the new dormer I built this morning. Thank you Sabitha for the tutorial! I found the cute little cupola online. I think it needs a weather vane.


Here is another view showing one of the windows I'll be adding to the attic. I'll need to be sure that the windows and dormer are level with each other.


This is the other side. I plan to add mullions to the little windows to match the others.

I like how it looks taped together. Now the REAL work begins. I'm really nervous about cutting the holes for the new windows.

I may take a break and go pull weeds for a while. It's such a beautiful day and I want to plant some flowers too. Maybe I'll dig up some confidence while I'm out there?


4 comments:

dalesdreams said...

It's going to be great! I'd be nervous about cutting holes in it too!

Elga said...

You could always first cut a piece of cardboard the same size as your wooden pieces and cut out your new window holes in there first. When you are happy that they are in the right places you can then transfer it to your wood and cut the holes in the wood, it's going to look great!!!!

onbeingaminimum said...

It's always so interesting to see what can be done with basic kits by different people. You are transforming this kit wonderfully with each different addition.
The cupola looks terrific.

Lataina said...

The added details have really brought it to life. =)