Friday, March 30

Today's Experiment

Today I am experimenting with this recipe: Torn toilet paper, wallpaper adhesive and sand. I mixed these three things together to make a paste like paper mache.


I crumpled some aluminum foil, added my "paste," covered it with wax paper and rolled it out flat with my rolling pin. I want to have one side textured and the other side smooth.


Now I wait. I don't know how long this might take to dry? Days maybe? I don't know if it will even hold together?


What I am hoping to do is take the dried "paper" and cut it into what I hope will look like cement blocks or stone. I may need to add glue to the recipe or use a different kind of paper?



Here is another recipe I may try. I didn't have all of the ingredients needed for this one today.

I'll let you know if this works? If it doesn't, I will show you that too. :}

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm looking forward to the result.
Hugs from Craftland

Unknown said...

hope it works, hate for you to have to do that again, look forward to seeing what happens xx

Lucille said...

Dear Kathi, you're always so busy doing all sorts of interesting experiments! Hope it works! And, to think that you do this in the early morning hours when most of us are sleeping! I plan to look at that video! Thanks!

Troy said...

Wow, I am excited to see what you get from that. Good luck and keep us posted.

Kathi said...

After 12 hours, the mess is still wet. It's raining here today so that might have something to do with that? At least I have plenty of OTHER things to do while I wait! :D

Petra said...

it is such a fun do observe how busy you are with your miniature making and how eager like a child. i love the way you life, you are really blessed!

Kikka N said...

Wow...please tell us how it turned out, this is interesting! :D

Kathi said...

Thanks for your kind comments and encouragement! My experiment is still damp and tears if I try to remove it from the foil. I may be on to something... I just need to find the right "recipe." :D