Monday, October 17

Flock of Flamingos!

What do you do with a flock of flamingos? I guess you could plant them in someone's yard?


I painted one instead and made a flamingo paper towel holder. Here he is in the kitchen.


I made the butcher block with some of the decking I had left over from Mike's mini house. I used a colored pencil to make some of the wood darker. Then I stained the whole thing with MinWax maple stain. So easy!

Now... what to do with all of those other flamingos? I don't know, but they sure are cute!

Back to the real world for me today. I hope to finish the pantry later?

Hope you have a beautiful day!


10 comments:

carmen said...

son lindos, es muy cierto!

Caseymini said...

Kathi, only you would think of a flamingo paper towel holder. Very cute! Now you have to figure out how to make a cloth towel holder from a couple of them....Let's see. Five towels. Ten flamingos with rods between their beaks??? That would use up some of the flock!

Fabiola said...

Very very nice.
Bye Faby

A. Wright said...

Very cool, I would have never thought of that!

Maria Blanca "AyamontinoMaria" said...

¡Son muy lindos realmente! Un beso

Kathi said...

Thanks everyone! Casey, that's a great idea!

Lady Jane said...

I love flamingo's and the towel holder is perfect... Cheers! LJ

Maria Ireland said...

Wonderful idea it looks super.
Hugs Maria

Audra said...

That is funny! Too cute

Bella Sinclair said...

That is SO CUTE! And brilliant idea for the butcher block!

The great thing about being a carpenter for a house this size is the tools don't weigh down your belt. :)