Sunday, October 16

Two Steps Forward

Silly me. Thinking I could build a kitchen sink cabinet and finish a pantry in one day. I did get some things accomplished. My laundry is done! :D

It took me all day yesterday just to measure and cut the wood for the sink cabinet.

Now I have to figure out how to make the doors. I'm sure there will be have to be hinges. I hate hinges.



The inside of the pantry was green. That is, until I found this pretty blue coral wallpaper online. I'll need to add the wallpaper before I add the shelves. Two steps forward one step back...



Right now the kitchen is pale apple green, light blue and white. I am going to jazz it up with colorful accessories. Like these pretty plates I found on Ebay.



I have lots of flamingo accessories, fabric and ideas. How about a flamingo paper towel holder?

I'd better get back to work before I get distracted and think of something else to do! Hope you have a happy day!

4 comments:

Caseymini said...

Kathi, there is always the option of false doors on the cabinets or you could just glue one open and one closed. I also hate hinges. If I can find a way around them I do. You could also do pin hinges at the top and bottom. Good luck!

Britt said...

Hi!
You can put a pin at the top and bottom edge of the door, so you do not need hinges

Britt

Eliana said...

It's getting great! The idea of ​​accessories with the theme of flamingo is amazing!

Kathi said...

I'm experimenting with hinges. I'll probably do the pins but I've got another idea...