Thursday, October 20

Grandma Got A Haircut!


Grandma (and I) decided that we really didn't like that big bun on the back of her head. It kept getting in the way if she wanted to wear a hat. Or even try on new clothes...

So I gave her a haircut.

I'm still fighting with the old bun to give up more hair that I can reuse. I do have some mohair with some grey in it. Hopefully, I can give Grandma a new hairstyle that will be flattering and more "Grandma-like."

All of the little old ladies I have known have had a perm. They also went to the beauty parlor once a week for a wash and set. Did your Grandma do that?

Poor Grandma has a broken left leg too. I thought she looked a little "weak in the knees" in her last photo. I'm not sure how to fix that?

I promised her a new dress for enduring the scissors. So far, she has only shed a few tears...


I hope she doesn't get mad!


Photo from Causes of Hair Loss in Women over 50

2 comments:

Caseymini said...

Kathi, Cynthia Howe has some good tutorials on putting dolls together and doing hair on her website. http://www.cynthiahoweminiatures.com/tutorialindex.htm This will take you directly to the index for different tutorials.

If you need more help, e mail me and send me a couple of different views of Grandma, so that I can see how she is put together from the side. Maybe I can help.

Kathi said...

Thanks Casey. I need all the help I can get! :D