Saturday, October 15

Today's Projects

Today I will be working on two projects for the beach house kitchen. The first will be to build a base cabinet for the sink. The original cabinet won't fit under the window.



My dear Dremel base is in the charger right now. I'll use it to round out the opening for the sink. I haven't decided what kind of counter tops I want? This is 1/8" basswood.

I cut the pieces for the corner pantry yesterday. After measuring and measuring and plotting and planning, I found this website that gives the dimensions for a REAL corner pantry. I could have saved tons of time if I had found it first!



I painted the inside of the pantry with Folk Art Soft Apple green. The shelves inside will be white and the outside white beadboard.



I'm still thinking about the pantry door. I like the screen door in Jane's inspiration kitchen, but I may make a glass door instead?

I would like to try using glass etching cream but am not sure it would work on plexiglass? Has anyone tried that?

These things should keep me busy today. I wonder if any laundry or house cleaning will get done?

Hope you have a wonderful day!



4 comments:

Eliana said...

It will be great fun to follow this project! Good luck!
Hugs

* The housework is always waiting for us, no need to rush, it is still there awaiting us. ;)

Mary said...

The corner closet is a great space saver, the screen door is great if you want to see in. In real life I think that I might want a way to block it from sight (maybe a window shade inside) just in case the house keeping gets a little out of hand.

Caseymini said...

Kathi, some of your photos look more greenish and some blue. Which is right? Or is it a true aqua that you are using in the kitchen. I need to know so that the towels will be right....

Lucille said...

Kathi, never mind the housework. Just work on your minis. I can't wait to see the end result. This is so much fun!