Tuesday, December 7

Do You Save Christmas Cards?

I have a box of pretty Christmas cards that I've saved over the years. They are just too pretty to throw away. Here is one that inspired me this morning.


Rather than leave it in the box, I decided to make a little house out of it. :D


I used the template I saved from my teeny tiny house. Then I just cut up the card to make the house and the roof. I love the silver tree! I even like how the inside of the card made "wallpaper" for the interior of the house. Each time I look inside I will see who sent me the card.


I think I'll go look in my card box again to see what else I can find that would be good for minis!


11 comments:

Cheryl said...

That is so adorable. Now I wish I saved some cards.

BiWuBär said...

I'm not good at throwing beautiful things in the trash - that's way I'm saving an amount of christmas cards, too... but I would never have the idea of crafting with them. This little card house is a brilliant idea!

Greetings
Birgit

Tallulah Belle said...

What a clever idea Kathi...it is so pretty.

These would make lovely tree ornaments.

JDayMinis said...

That is such a great idea!! It looks wonderful. Thanks for sharing! *Jean

Lataina said...

What a great idea, Kathi. I like saving my cards too. =)

Unknown said...

La casita esta ideal con estas postales navideñas. Muy buena idea.
Besos Clara

Heather said...

What a great idea! I will be looking at all my Christmas cards this year with a new eye!

Simple Daisy said...

What a cute idea!!!!!

Unknown said...

Isn't that just one great idea...I do save my Christmnas cards and wow, how fun to try this myself!

Tank you for the tip and sharing it!

Sabihax

C said...

What a lovely idea. You could end up with a tiny village of such cards. Thank you for the idea! I usually recycle my pretty cards by either making them into gift tags or mounting them onto fresh blanks - but your idea is SO much better.
Carol :) x

Fabulously Small said...

what a great idea Kathi, and what a lovely result! so nice to be able to enjoy christmascards years after you got them, clever girl!