Sunday, January 22

Three Projects

I have three projects on my work table this morning. I finally got the hinges installed on the sink cabinet doors. They just need to be attached. The dishwasher is going through a make over and is almost done.


I started a new table for the kitchen. I've had these tiny tiles for a while and thought maybe I would use them here? I'd like to try pouring a resin top once I get the border done and fill in the center.

I read somewhere that you need to seal the wood with polyurethane varnish first to seal it. Then you glue whatever you want to the surface. The resin is not supposed to react with the varnish. We'll see if this works? I hope I don't make a huge mess!



I found these "Pandora" beads at Michaels in a bracelet kit. They are a bit large, but I might try to make legs for the table with them? Then again, I may just build a wooden frame and legs?

What's on your work table today? I seem to be always starting something new instead of finishing what I started...



8 comments:

Ludmila said...

I love these beads. I would have made of them a bottle of perfume.
I'm now engaged in the processing of wooden sticks. I want to make a wardrobe and a few hangers.

maribel said...

Ya tienes trabajo para una temporada con los tres proyectos. Seguro que te queda todo estupendo.

Anonymous said...

That table is going to be fantastic when you finish it! I love anything colorful like the tiles and beads.

I'm working on fixing and painting a little side table I found at a thrift store. I'm trying to layer the paint (cream and blue) so I can sand it when finished to give it a worn look.

Ilona said...

Hello Kathi,
I've just find your blog, when I was zapping around, so now I'm a follower of yours. Your blog is very inspiring to me, so I'll come back again (I'm sorry if I make some mistakes with the English language).
Your question: what's on your table today? I've just finished my first attempt to make a miniature Tilda-doll. You can see some photos of her on my blog.
Have a nice day,
Ilona

Caseymini said...

Kathi, you are finally getting the hang of it! At least three projects should be on the table at all times!!!LOL That's the only way to get things finished!

Love the mosaics. Cam't wait to see that one finished!

dalesdreams said...

I'm interested to see how you make out with the resin. That and clay scare me! lol ;)

All of my work surfaces are covered with messes, tomorrow's priority to clean it all up and then start something and hopefully, it's not just trouble. ;)

sunshinefl95 said...

What's on my table, I'm making a twin size bed.

Lady Jane said...

These make great bases for lamps. If you go way back to the beginning of my blog you will see the ones I made there. LJ